Sunday, May 31, 2009

My kid, the rock star!

Our munchkin has been munchin a lot lately. Apparently teeth accelerate the food consumption process.

Anyway, Nate's at the age now where (most) everything is really cute. Sans the incessant groan/grunt/whine/gutteral moan-scream to get attention; he's quite the entertainer.

He waves at everyone. Even grumpy old coots at Wal-Mart simply cannot resist the Nate-wave. I never noticed how much people scowl until I started watching the reactions to Nate's greeting - ignore it, ignore it, for heaven's sakes that kid won't stop waving....a crack of a smile....the obligatory wave-back. To see the change caused just by one little tyke's wave is amazing!

Not to mention when he starts blowing kisses....grown men are standing in line, clutching their Marlboros (no filter), 10-gallon hats on, Kodiak cud and Harley Davidson chaps waiting to pay for their fuel fill up at the gas station when all of sudden Nate puckers up and tosses an air kiss. Suddenly Mr. Scar Face-Terminator-Rambo-Tough Guy is speaking baby babble catching air kisses and blowing them back.

Quite a site to see. (slightly akward)

But that's not what makes my boy a rock star.

Nope.

It gets even

b
e
t
t
e
r

Because last weekend we pitched our tent out in the wildnerness (local county park) in the elements (a manicured campsite) among wild animals (chipmunks) and really roughed it (ate junk food and store-bought treats like slobs, capped off by the burley "Tenderloin Steak over the campfire" meal!)

So Mr. Best-Friend-to-everyone comes crawling over. And I notice he's eating something (not unlike mom & dad) - but he seems to having a rough go of it.

Eventually he spits it out on the dirt.

His delicacy?

Rock. Not rock candy.

R-O-C-K, rock.

Greeeeeeat. I was wondering why his tooth chipped. I guess now I know.



Rock on!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! You should get him a shirt from Group Hug Apparel. It's run by Andrew Banar, an 18 year old who has Down syndrome. He sells "Rock On" t-shirts. Very cool!

    my blog: Bill and Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its really all together very fair to tell the story of my dad's 2nd Harley life without his permission. Even "scar face-tough guys" like Jerry can smile too. Especially when Natie looks his direction.

    That rock kind of looks like a sandwich. I may have tried taking a bite myself. Rock on Natie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very amusing, Becky. You said you wouldn't let anyone know about that stuff.

    ReplyDelete