Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"You're grounded"

Those have to be some of my favorite words. The elicit such a definitive and swift punishment, so much finality and authority.

I, unfortunately have learned that I say it about as often as "good morning!" Homework not done? You're grounded. Dogs not taken out? You're grounded. Back talking? Grounded. Rude? Grounded. Crabby? Grounded, grounded, grounded! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T SCRATCH MY BACK?? YOU'RE GROUNDED!

Ok, I'm just joking around here, but really I've gone to that well far too often. See my last post about an all-time low I hit by going to the lame-brain "double-grounded" card.

So we are going to go back to an idea that we tried once that worked well (so why didn't we keep doing it? I'm asking myself that same question...).

When someone is grounded, they have to right their offense and the duration of grounding on a piece of paper. Then they attach it to their magnet on the fridge (each family member has their own magnet, a cool Christmas gift - available here: http://www.personalcreations.com - search for family character magnet) - they look like these:


So we're going to try it again. It shouldn't be long before all the names have something attached to them....

:)

4 comments:

  1. That's a cute magnet set. I'll be moseying over to personalcreations as soon as I click on Post Comment. Thanks for sharing. I hope everyone's well. No one's triple grounded yet right? I'm kidding. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. triple grounding...hmmmm...now THAT sounds like a good idea - :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. Love the magnets. When I was a little girl my family had a doghouse plaque and a row of little wooden dogs hanging from hooks. Mom, Dad and several puppies. Whoever was in trouble got their dog moved into the doghouse. :) I was only about 4 at the time but remember how much fun it was trying to watch for things to put my dad or brothers into the doghouse for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah it's all fun and games until you got something hanging from YOUR magnet....

    ReplyDelete